The next on the list was the peacock to symbolise my parents trip to India as my mum couldn't get over the fact that she had wild peacocks to look at every day!
The picture I found had a lovely big tail and didn't seem too difficult to cut into colour blocks.
I have been able to use scraps and off cuts of cotton for this one ... The blue is from the off cuts of the massive quilt that I made for my husband... The green is from the bow tie project at school and the silver is from the previous lemur leftovers!
The cutting out of the fabric was slightly more fiddly than the last one... There seemed to be more small part in this one than in the last one.
The crest of the peacock will be finished once I have appliquéd it... Something I plan to do tomorrow night... I can't wait as I am really enjoying this project so far!